Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Wayward Side :
Bad Choices

Topic is Sleeping.

stupid101 (original poster new member #15683) posted at 3:43 AM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

Hi , it’s been a very long time since I was on here,, I’ve been having an affair for the past 6 years on and off.. I have left my wife several times in the past 6 years.. She has let me back in the house…. I have completely crushed her!!!! I have treated her like crap !!! The other woman is so handy and easy to use for my addiction!!! I’m a sex addict !!!!! I need help!!!!!
Thank You for listening!!!!!! More to come!!!!!!

posts: 45   ·   registered: Aug. 8th, 2007   ·   location: indiana
id 8724786

Wiseoldfool ( member #78413) posted at 5:28 AM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

Nope.

Every secret you keep with your affair partner sustains the affair. Every lie you tell, every misunderstanding you permit, every deflection you pose, every omission you allow sustains the affair.

id 8724808

stupid101 (original poster new member #15683) posted at 12:10 PM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

My wife has let me rent a room from her and we are just roommates, we’re talking about everything and so far it’s been working as far as the communication goes,, We’ve always struggled in that realm,, I’m trying to be an open book for her and I have a rough time doing it,, I want my wife back!!!! It seems like I screw up more than I help,, thank you

posts: 45   ·   registered: Aug. 8th, 2007   ·   location: indiana
id 8724826

HellFire ( member #59305) posted at 2:01 PM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

You've been abusing here for years. Why do you want her back?

Cheating doesn't make you a sex addict. Have you been diagnosed by a certified CSAT?

[This message edited by HellFire at 2:03 PM, Tuesday, March 22nd]

But you are what you did
And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive
The smallest man who ever lived..

posts: 6787   ·   registered: Jun. 20th, 2017   ·   location: The Midwest
id 8724837

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 2:28 PM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

Hey stupid (what a name, really? Is that what you want to think of yourself each time you log in?), you're in a good place if you are honest about doing the work.

It looks like you've been using two women for the gratification of your wants. The wife to take care of your day to day, the AP to fulfil your sex drive. The kindest thing you can do for either of these women is to go NC with both. Move out, find your own place, and leave the AP and BW alone.

You want her back? What about your BW? Does she want you back? This is the first thing us waywards need to work on- the selfishness and entitlement. The idea that, because you're ready to turnaround and make some changes, start doing work on yourselves, that you're automatically entitled to reconciliation.

You're not entitled to reconcile.

With an ongoing A for 6 years, you fall into the long term A category. This means you have stolen many years from your BW, probably her best years of her life, and you have nothing to offer her in recompense for her wasted time. It's a hard pill to swallow.

It's not a popular opinion on this board, but you've also wasted your AP's time as well. Cutting off the A, being transparent with OBS (if there is one) allows the AP the chance to come clean in their life and really start getting THEIR shit together. Honesty about the A to all involved parties is the only way to kill the cancer. AP may have known about your M (likely she did with it going on for 6 years), but she too deserves the chance to change. Even if it was forced on her. You wasted her time and her spouse's time and enabled a cancer in their marriage too. If she was married, her OBS was living a lie and in danger of being exposed to disease. This needs to be dealt with too- AFTER you deal with your BW.

Have you asked your wife what she needs to start healing? Has she made a list? Have you done it?

To better help you out on the board, usually we ask the waywards for the basic info so we get the scope:
-How long dating, how long married,
-How many OW, how long in various A's, were they emotional/physical/both, were OBS's notified?
-How many kids, how old and whether they are at home or not,
-Job situation- are you and her employed, how do you both make ends meet?

There's a lot of good help on this board and a lot of experienced WS and BS who can point you in the right direction.

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8724838

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 2:30 PM on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022

Also, if your name is in the tag line you have to remove it now. This is an anonymous board for many reasons. As a wayward, it's important to start protecting your spouse from more harm. People can figure out who you are with a name and a state and thus figure out who your spouse is. She's not likely to enjoy random strangers knowing about your A.

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8724839
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy