Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Just Found Out :
180 Day 1

Topic is Sleeping.

Forks027 ( member #59996) posted at 5:20 PM on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

What do you all say when he says things like he is sorry and that he still cares for me? Or when he says that he loves me?

Simply walk away without a word. Or if you really have to, an indifferent "I don’t believe you" or "your words mean nothing" will suffice.

After all, if he really was sorry, he wouldn’t still be continuing his affair right in front of your face.

The more emotional distance you get, the more you gain clarity. It will be a painful process, but it does take time. It will get better.

Are you in IC?

id 8797106

shedtears (original poster new member #65786) posted at 5:40 PM on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

Working on getting an appointment for IC now. It is taking forever!

Me: BWHim: WHD-Day 2/16/18D-Day#2 5/25/23 Separated

posts: 25   ·   registered: Aug. 10th, 2018   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8797111

Grieving ( member #79540) posted at 5:45 PM on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

The short response I’ve come up with for people who are cheating but say they still love their spouse is "your actions show that your feelings of love are meaningless."

Your husband’s feelings of love or sorrow toward you are irrelevant when he’s treating you this badly.

Expressing love to you verbally while choosing every day to betray you is emotionally abusive. It’s the same relational pattern as the husband who beats his wife, feels bad, says he loves her, and then beats her again.

And he’s not sorry for his actions. At all. If he was, he would stop. When he says he’s sorry, he just means he doesn’t like dealing with the fact that betraying you and treating you horribly makes you (rightfully) upset.

But I think it’s more important to hold to the 180 than it is to try to have this conversation with him.

Husband had six month affair with co-worker. Found out 7/2020. Married 20 years at that point; two teenaged kids. Reconciling.

id 8797113

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 6:06 PM on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

Tell him to save his breath, he is deliberately hurting you and slapping a phony "I’m sorry" on it. Let go of the hopes for R, he is actively hurting you. Set him free and maybe when he crawls on broken glass begging for another chance, you can consider it.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8797115

BreakingBad ( member #75779) posted at 8:09 PM on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

What do you all say when he says things like he is sorry and that he still cares for me? Or when he says that he loves me?

I might say ONCE, "Huh. Your actions aren't loving or apologetic."

After that, I'd ignore, ignore, ignore.

Indifference is the best revenge and here is the secret about indifference: It's a "fake it 'til you make it" emotional state.

You'll be angry, grieving, seething, destroyed...but APPEAR indifferent. Give him no emotional traction. Be a sea of calm indifference.

Let him believe it was easy to shake him off. He wasn't worthy of you anyway, and you are owning your own worth.

Act indifferent and the real indifference will come. He isn't worthy of emotional bandwidth. Use that bandwidth on caring for yourself and building your support network.

(((Hugs to you)))

[This message edited by BreakingBad at 8:09 PM, Tuesday, June 27th]

"...lately it's not hurtin' like it did before. Maybe I am learning how to love me more."[Credit to Sam Smith]

id 8797128

childofcheater ( member #33887) posted at 12:51 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

I would keep it short and sweet if you even need to say anything at all and just say "your actions say otherwise "

Me: 42 yo, him 41Married 19 years together 233 kids: DD15, DD12, DS9DDay 2/9/12 found suspicious text to coworkerStatus: in R, work in progress

posts: 582   ·   registered: Nov. 11th, 2011   ·   location: East Coast
id 8797201

Cooley2here ( member #62939) posted at 1:25 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

Please let go of him. You never want to be someone’s option.
You are worth so much more than that.

When things go wrong, don’t go with them. Elvis

posts: 4325   ·   registered: Mar. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8797204

Littlepuppet ( member #83426) posted at 3:57 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

..."It looked like he was going to cry, so I left."
This is the way.
Facts.

posts: 62   ·   registered: Jun. 6th, 2023   ·   location: Madrid
id 8797224

HellFire ( member #59305) posted at 4:33 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

Not making a choice, IS a choice. Remember that.

You are the prize here. You aren't anyone's Plan B.

You said you didn't want to express anger towards him,because you're hoping he will stay with you. That has me concerned. It tells me you will be walking on eggshells,if he stays. You won't express your pain and anger, which is necessary for you to heal.

Don't do that.

Who is this trash? Does she have a husband?

But you are what you did
And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive
The smallest man who ever lived..

posts: 6787   ·   registered: Jun. 20th, 2017   ·   location: The Midwest
id 8797232

truthseeker77 ( new member #83435) posted at 9:37 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

The 1stWife posted about no longer doing WS laundry. I did the same thing, may sound as punishment but I said if you had time to cheat and message our mutual friend non stop perhaps you have time to do your own laundry. You know what, I did a lot to unknowingly enable that affair, I made his life so easy. No more. I deserve time for me as well and I'm taking it back. Not a punishment but a reality check!

posts: 23   ·   registered: Jun. 7th, 2023   ·   location: Canada
id 8797285

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 10:04 PM on Wednesday, June 28th, 2023

Spot in TruthSeeker77.

I felt like I have you everything and my best. My reward was 2 affairs.

After dday2 of Affair #2 I realized I need to come first. And I make sure every day that I do. Not as punishment. Not to be mean or self centered.

But as a way of getting what I need and bring my priority. Not letting everyone else be a priority.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8797289
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy