Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Just Found Out :
Husband Cheated and Left Me for a Friend

Topic is Sleeping.

annb ( member #22386) posted at 9:50 PM on Monday, July 17th, 2023

How are you holding up?

please check in if you are able.

posts: 12195   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8799766

Lostwings ( member #79902) posted at 7:39 PM on Friday, July 21st, 2023

ERC,

Copying annb here. How are you holding on?
Remember , you are not alone , you are also very strong and resilient .
We are all here for you !

Big bear hug for you !!!

I thought it was love at the end of the rainbow , but a banshee came and almost destroyed my pot of gold . In R.

posts: 119   ·   registered: Feb. 7th, 2022   ·   location: United States
id 8800441

EmotinalRollerCoaster (original poster new member #83431) posted at 3:44 PM on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023

Thank you all for reaching out.

The last few weeks have been pretty rough. After I filed and served WH with divorce papers, I have just been so angry about how he did this to us, how he seems to be moving on with his life.

He moved in with AP last week and that just devastated me. I know I said I felt relief that I don't have to worry about him and what he does anymore, but I still feel so lost. He was my life for 22 years. I know that I will have life and love again, but right now everything just hurts.

I have been trying to fill my days with friends and family, but the nights are the worst. I so badly want to text him and channel my rage into him, but I don't. I know that won't serve any purpose. Instead I've taken up boxing.

I have been thinking about attending a book club this week, one I used to go to with AP. I know she will be there. I don't know if this is a stupid idea or a smart one. I want to show her that she is not taking anything else from me. I just want to take my life back!

id 8800831

Forks027 ( member #59996) posted at 3:56 PM on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023

Is that the only book club available in your area? Just want to be sure you can handle being around her.

If you really want to stick it to her, treat her like she’s insignificant. Look through her like a ghost. And if she tries to interact, be short and indifferent or just walk away.

It may not feel like it now, but it’s a matter of faking it till you make it.

id 8800834

CometGirl ( member #56179) posted at 6:31 PM on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023

Go to the Book Club! She’s the one that should feel awkward and embarrassed. Take back your life.

id 8800858

Grieving ( member #79540) posted at 6:42 PM on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023

I also think you should go to the book club. Hold your head high and ignore her, or wither her with politeness if she says anything.

Don’t cede your social space to a cheater. You did nothing wrong.

Husband had six month affair with co-worker. Found out 7/2020. Married 20 years at that point; two teenaged kids. Reconciling.

id 8800862

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 11:11 PM on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023

Avoid that book club for now. It’s going to do more damage to you than her.

You may get the feeling the others at the book club may feel awkward too, which will just hurt you more.

I think you will look back and be glad you didn’t go. I’d go box a few rounds instead.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8800910
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy